[Ag-eq] FW: FW: Ponies!

Jody Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Mon Mar 11 06:17:58 UTC 2013

Hi Nella,

Both horses are Quarter Horses but of course they have no papers.  I don't
really care about that.  I love Quarter Horses!

They are both two years old.  The bay's birthday is in May and he will be
two then.

Yes, they were both left on properties when their owners moved away but they
were not abused.

I don't know how ttall they are in hands but their withers are about
shoulder high and their ears were above my head.

Yes, Sandy said that they will take longer to mature but then they will be
as healthy as a horse that was not neglected.

Good idea to have the instructor check out our pastures.  I asked about
poisonous plants and she said they will leave them alone especially if they
have a good amount of food.  They both roamed like mustangs on similar land
so they are 'grass wise'.  <GRIN>

Oh I love Criags List.  I'll look for barrels there and synthetic saddles at
a good price.

I think the hay shortage is just this year.  I'm not sure why.  I know round
bails are popular and people love to get peanut grass.  It smells so good
too.

Sandy the instructor actually runs the local auction and she has all the
stuff at her barn.  That is a great idea.

Oh that is just sickening about the kill buyers.  I never thought of that
but you are so close to the border.  How horrible and of course the US
government could care less.

Thank you for all the suggestions.

JODY