[Ag-eq] new chicks

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Wed Mar 20 03:53:30 UTC 2013

Jody:

I can just imagine how excited you are.  I remember how excited I was when I got
my first horse.

I like their names.  Did they come with those names, or did you choose them?

I ride Cruiser with a half cheek snaffle bit.  He was in an accident before I
got him and the left side of his face has some paralysis.  He's very fussy
about bits and this is the only one he seems to like.  He's never been trained
to neck rein and I really haven't either!  I learned to ride English first and
am just comfortable with direct reining.

Your horses will probably adjust quickly since they have each other.  Did they
get to go on pasture before you got them?

I wonder how easy they will be to catch in a large area.  I used to have a mule
named Allie who could be hard to catch at times.  Every so often she would just
decide she didn't want to hang out with me.  I was always glad my paddock wasn't
to big when she did this.  She was fun to ride and had a lot of attitude.

I look forward to hearing more about your horses.

Nella