[Ag-eq] Cooked Eggs?

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Thu Aug 1 00:58:12 UTC 2013

Hi Nella,

When do you collect your eggs?  To help keep down your eggs exposure to the
extreme daytime heat, try gathering the eggs in the morning and check again
in the evening.  12 hours in the nest is okay for temperatures in the 90's,
but I'd be suspicious about eggs that were kept that long in your high heat
numbers.  We have to watch eggs that may freeze and crack.  If we find them
in the hen boxes, we set them aside for our own daily use and not put them
with my sellable eggs.  I have also checked my eggs twice a day when we have
the long dry days in the summer.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net