[Ag-eq] Introduction from new member

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Wed Feb 5 23:48:53 UTC 2014

Welcome to the list Randy.

I wrote earlier about equine massage and totally forgot to welcome you!

Do you volunteer at a theraputic riding facility?

I've heard from several different people that most programs aren't very
welcoming to the disabled, unless they are students.  Years ago when I first
got into horses I took a few lessons at a theraputic riding center and found it
to be very restricting.  I won't say that I didn't learn anything because I did.
 I didn't learn a lot about riding, more about safety, tack and the like  I left
and found private instructors so that I could learn what I wanted to know.

I did take a basic equine massage class and the instructor was comfortable with
me.  The class was for people who wanted to work on their own horses.  I've
also had equine body workers show me what they are doing with my animals.  They
always seem happy to do this.  I've had 3 different equine body workers out to
see the horses and mules.  They were all happy to share their knowledge.

Maybe you should interfiew some to see what they say.  Perhaps they  would even
let you help out.

I look forward to reading about your experiences.

Nella