[Ag-eq] Update on the Job Hunt

Danielle Ledet singingmywayin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 21:51:03 UTC 2015

Hi Listers,

As you all know, I live in a rural area and posted awhile back about
having trouble finding a job hear and costly cab fares. I went ahead
and applied at a nursing home for a housekeeping position but right
now all positions are filled. I applied for a cashier position and
bakery at a  local Super 1 Foods and the manager wasn't in. I also
applied at the local Grand theater for usher, box office, and just
yesterday Concession. Last time I called them I got no answer so will
likely check back next week. I figured I could apply an ad in the
paper when I got callbacks if my folks were unavailable. Thus far, I
have gotten no callbacks. Recently, I applied with our school system
as a Bus attendant/assistant/aide which would be ideal but I was told
when I went in for fingerprinting that they don't know how often this
position comes up and I know this to be true since I rode mini buses
to school and the bus assistants usually stayed in their position.
>From the Jobs list, I followed up on a virtual office position with
the Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind but was unable to meet some
of the requirements since I live with others and do not have access to
a local landline and other stuff. I will continue following the Jobs
list. If anyone is interested, I could share the info; however.

So there you have it.

still searching and seeking,

--
Danielle