[Ag-eq] House plants

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Aug 28 13:11:23 UTC 2018

Hi Nella.
There are plenty of plants well-adapted to low light.  They are usually in
the houseplant section of catalogs/websites.  Sanseveria, aka
mother-in-law's tongue or snake plant, is one.  It also cleans the air.
But it can get very tall and floppy.
I have a hoya I really like.  It's in the cactus family, but doesn't have
thorns.  It even flowers occasionally.  I also have a bead plant, senecio,
which looks like strings of beads.  I got both of them from loge.com.  Or
maybe loges.com; I forget exactly.  They have lots of houseplants.
I also have some air plants.  They need to be soaked in water once a week,
so might not be good for an office, but they are easy-care and
interesting.  I got them from Amazon.
Tracy