[Ag-eq] Snow and more snow

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Mon Sep 17 03:13:02 UTC 2018

In last night's weather forecast , people living in snowprone regions were told to be ready for
heavy snow, but , at this time of the year, I don't think that anyone in such regions were prepared
for just how heavy that was!  Queenstown, NZ's South Island winter capital had over 50 centimetres
overnight, and it is still snowing.
However, I recall that that region of Central Otago had SNOW in November last year, but it didn't
stay on the ground long enough to give homesick Northern Hemisphere visitors a "white Christmas"!