[AG-EQ] My cat

Jewel jewelblanch at kinect.co.nz
Mon Dec 2 02:00:52 UTC 2019

Since 2K's death, I have been thinking about how it is regarded amongst * social animals, and in * social animals, of course I include human being:  probably the most social of all.

I am unfamiliar with the death behaviour of most of the social animals:  horses, cattle etc that can live together in large numbers so won't speak of them, but of the two of which I do have a little knowledge, elephants and humans plus our closest relatives: the apes,  if conditions allow,  death of one of the group is a shared experience,  while, on the other hand, with animals of the canine or feline genus, And in felines, the only cat to lead a social lifewtyle is the lion, all of the others being solitary:  death is a very private thing:  one to be shared with noone!
In these days where the lives of our companion animals are, in most cases, tightly controlled, this wish to be alone is, often countermanded, particularly in dogs that don't have the benefit of being able to tuck themselves into a hidden spot, but even they will separate themselves from the rest of the group and will seek out the most private place that they can find;  whereas, a cat can hide, and breathe its last, almost anywhere!