[Art_beyond_sight_advocacy] RE Urgent! Visually Impaired and Blind Photographers - Final

simon simonhayhoe at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 9 15:34:06 UTC 2015

Dear Tina,Funnily enough, we are also about to hold an inclusive photography work shop in a month's time. I would be very interested in your work and possible tie-ins. Please see details below:
Photography Workshop for Blind,
Visually Impaired and Sighted Students using iPads, Smartphones and Cameras

Developing a
Narrative Portfolio Using Smart Technologies and cameras

Dates: Thursday 2nd July 2015 – Sunday 5th
July 2015 (inclusive)

Times:  10am –
4 pm (Thursday-Saturday), 10am – 1 pm (Sunday)

Locations: Canterbury Christ Church University Central
Campus (North Holmes Road, Canterbury) and Turner Contemporary, Margate. Field
work will also be conducted on Margate’s Sea Front, and at Canterbury
Cathedral.

Experience needed: All
levels of skill and experience are welcome.

Cost: The workshop is free. However, please arrange your own meals, transport
and accommodation.

Equipment needed: iPads are available for use over the
weekend, however if you wish to use smartphones and cameras please bring your
own equipment.

The Equality, Social Justice and Inclusion Theme Group,
Faculty of Education, Canterbury Christ Church University is conducting a
photography workshop in Canterbury and Margate in early July for blind,
visually impaired and sighted photographers alike. The workshop will be run in
conjunction with Dr Noemi Pena Sanchez, from Valladolid University, Spain. She
has expertise in the development of photography courses and workshops for
people of all levels of sight and experience.

The workshop will allow all participants to learn camera
work and skills through a series of directed photography tasks. The tasks are
aimed at experts and beginners alike, and the use of tablet computers and smart
phones as photographic devices are encouraged alongside the use of more
traditional cameras.

If you would like to book a place on the course, please
email: simon.hayhoe at canterbury.ac.uk
before the 25th June 2015. Please state whether you want to attend
the entire four days or selected days.

Itinerary &
Locations

Thursday 2nd July: Canterbury Christ Church
University - teaching room and around the campus.

Friday 3rd July: Canterbury Christ Church University
in the morning, and then Canterbury Cathedral in the afternoon. These are
UNESCO World Heritage sites.

Saturday 4th July: Turner Contemporary Gallery,
Margate, in the morning, and Margate beach and sea front in the afternoon.

Sunday 5th July: Canterbury Christ Church University
in the morning, evaluation and finish until lunch.
Best wishes and cheers,
Simon

Dr. Simon Hayhoe FBCS, FRSA
Canterbury, UK. Alternative email address: editor at blindnessandarts.com