[Blind-international-students] introducing myself and comments on your discussion

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Aug 9 03:26:01 UTC 2010

We have traditionally had a lot of unity in the NFB.  That is in part
why we get things done.  I would not choose to characterize us as
a  bunch of robots who blindly (no pun intended) support and follow
the organization.  That is how our enemies describe us.  Yes, there
may be some people who dogmatically repeat what they have read or
heard -- they may not be as far along in their understanding of the
NFB and what we are as some.  However, most of us support the
organization because we agree with it, not because we are robots.

It is not necessarily what you do, but how you do it.  I have said
things to members of the Board, that would probably shock you.  I
could though because I have worked hard, and developed trust and
respect with others.

Dave

                         David Andrews:  dandrews at visi.com
Follow me on Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/dandrews920