[Blind-international-students] introducing myself and comments on your discussion

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Aug 9 03:32:33 UTC 2010

You are asking a black and white question, that isn't.  You are
asking a yes or no question, but the answer is more subtle.  It isn't
the disagreeing, necessarily, but how you do it, and what you do
about it.  There are things I have disagreed with, but I kept my
mouth shut.  Opening it wouldn't change anything, and wouldn't help
me in the organization.  If your disagreement is fundamental, or
large, then you should ask yourself if you should be involved with
the organization.

If blindness organizations were like a restaurant, the NFB isn't a
cafeteria.  That is you can't take a little of this, a little of
that, and skip the rest of it.  We are going to give you a set meal,
decided by NFB policy.  You don't have to eat it all, you can leave
some, hide it, etc., but you can't throw it back in the face of the
waiter because you don't like it.

Hope this makes sense.

Dave

                         David Andrews:  dandrews at visi.com