[Blind-international-students] Responding to (help emma video).

Mostafa Al'mahdy mostafa.almahdy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 01:57:52 UTC 2013

Hello. I received various reactions about my previous post. Well, I suppose that it is quite natural to have different opinions, and to disagree on any subject. But, it's quite self-explanatory to be courteous, to make sense, and to not be irrelevent  as we show our disagreement as well. I emphatically consider this video to be tremendously disgraceful, offensive, and downgrading to blind people dignity. It pretty much sounded like someone sitting on the pavement, just raising his hands for money. Well, a beggar. If any charitable association in the world wants to encourage people to donate, to fundraise for its activities, well, there are many respectful ways to do so. They can  organize for benevolent parties, where people  buy tickets, they can get sponsored for their event, and they can sell products on display. That's just for instance. If someone thought it's fine to be mendicant, well he then should carry that out on his own. But he absolutely has no right to extrapolate his concepts, so it's to avoid destroying the mass reputation of certain people. Blind people are perfectly dignified, and this video is quite derogatory to the one who made  and published it to say the least. I have many blind friends who labeled this video as derogative, offensive, and it's actually very insulting to blind people. Here you go, so you can reassess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2cJLF1qVpI

To seek for positive tendency, here is a video that promotes for blind people achievements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR9HgwRQgW4

The purpose of each video is quite obvious by contrast. Blind people can achieve anything, if only they wanted to. Taha Hussein achieved the most highest level of academia, he prosperously attained the most prestigious degree of professorship of his time, and he excellently was granted many domestic and international academic awards on Literature, Novelty, and ancient Philosophy. He was quite popular for his sarcastically political articles, his liberal views, and his modernized way of thinking. He was recognized as the dean of Arabic literature, the chief of Cairo University, the secretary of education, and ultimately, he was entitled to (Nobel Prise) on literature. Yet at his time, there was no any significant aid to blind people. There was no braille printing, no audible libraries, and there was no adaptive technology provided for him. His only way to read anything, is just to rely on sighted assistance. He fought, strived, and struggled, so he finally arived. It's quite a shame on us if we have all of this advanced technology provided for us, and most of us can't even reach the half of what he was. Well, I am not trying to write an essay for my English class, just in case if someone attempted to ridicule. Well it's time to go pray. It's dawn prayer. If someone trys to put words on my mouth, I will simply ignore him. If someone shows radical notion, I will basicly dismiss him. If someone assaults Islam, and he thinks it's a good idea, I will basicly disregard him, or her. Mostafa.