[Blind-rollers] Guide Dog Foundation

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Sat Nov 16 02:40:16 UTC 2013

I emailed a friend of mine at the Guide Dog Foundation. Here is what she
said.

HI Becky,

Yes, we do train wheelchair guides. I will warn anyone applying though that
the wait is very long, 2 to 4 years at this point as we only have 1
instructor right now who is training these types of dogs.

Yes, we require the person to use a power wheelchair.

No, the person does not need to be a prior grad of GDF.

If anyone has questions about our program, please have them email me at
Jenine at guidedog.org.

Thanks for asking. Take care.

Jenine Stanley