[blindkid] graded paper feedback

Cindy Conley cconley at fuse.net
Wed Dec 10 01:40:26 UTC 2008

We went through this with Kyle. I finally put in his IEP that every
communication would be in Braille for Kyle. That meant that a graded
paper had to have comments in Braille. A letter home had to have a
Braille copy attached. The lunch menu even had to be Brailled.
It was made very clear that if Kyle did not get a communication in
Braille, he was not to be held responsible for it. After a few times
of not being 'allowed' to punish for work not being done, the teachers
figured out that they better give everything in Braille. It worked
most of the time.
Cindy Conley
cconley at fuse.net

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will
annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright