[blindkid] recess and social interaction

Carol Castellano blindchildren at verizon.net
Tue Jun 1 12:26:52 UTC 2010

Hi Joy,

Others have provided excellent, meaningful answers.  I couldn't agree
more regarding skills, confidence, being outgoing rather than
passive, etc. in eventually helping this situation.

On a different level--kickball is a great game for a blind kid to
play--easy to adapt and modify.  On spring and fall days in Serena's
school the older kids (6th grade) organized games that the younger
kids--including Serena--could participate in.  I wonder if one of the
recess chaperones could facilitate something like this?

Carol

Carol Castellano, President
973-377-0976
carol_castellano at verizon.net