[blindkid] Dancing to benefit the blind

Lenora J. Marten bluegolfshoes at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 02:29:46 UTC 2011

I just heard about her and the Beyond Blindness Institute a
few weeks ago from some friends in that area.

>From what I understand her main focus is on
adults who are having issues dealing with blindness. She's
started the dancing and fitness groups as well as computer
education, counseling etc.
Also, Whole Foods has agreed to do some cooking classes
specifically for blind people.

West Palm Beach, Jupiter etc., has a pretty large percentage of
retirees, many of whom are newly blinded or losing their sight. Her
website states that they want to build a 30,000 sf facility and
need to raise 8-10 million dollars.

I haven't met Joyce yet, but interestingly enough, may be
meeting with her next week when I'm in West Palm Beach.

And yes, it does sound like the announcer is saying "illegally
blind". LOL... It will certainly be interesting to see how things
progress!

you tube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS3EBYKdbFc

BBI website: http://www.beyondblindinstitute.com/

Lenora J. Marten