[blindkid] PacMate or BrailleNote?

Craige Snader craige at homeopac.com
Wed Feb 16 00:36:20 UTC 2011

Dear Janice and Ari

It's a gamble. If the Braille Display fails it gets expensive. I paid, at
the fifth year, $1,600.00. I guess that if you are very disciplined you can
set the money away for a repair date. I decided to pay both software and
hardware contracts for my daughter. Usually you get a better deal when
buying the contracts at the time of purchase.

Here in California the BrailleNote is more popular and more people know
about them. My 17 year old daughter really likes her new APEX (we upgraded
from the previous mPower via a trade in program). My daughter had her
machine at 10 (like yours) and it has been one of the best investments I
have ever made, If you can go for the 40 cell one. You can use it for so
many things.

Craige Snader
Anaheim, CA