[blindkid] training centers

Kim Gulf Images kim at gulfimagesphoto.com
Tue Jul 23 14:02:47 UTC 2013

Debbie,
We also had similar troubles! Try to contact Julie Deden at CCB. She may have someone at the center who can help to resolve these issues. We used the reasons for Kayleigh to attend CCB as her need for 1. braille instruction and 2. city travel skills. There wasn't any summer programs in Texas that could meet those needs. Maybe if you write an email explaining what CCB will be working on and why it is important to Winona. You may also throw in the importance of learning these skills to prepare her for college. Most summer camps don't work on blindness skills, so they won't be able to meet her needs.
Hope this helps some!
kim Cunningham
Sent from my iPad