[blindkid] Ipad only

Amber Hall amhall973 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 15:51:29 UTC 2014

Hello, it's been a while since I've been on here. But I have a question for parents of kiddos who are using iPads with braille display at school. My daughter has a braille sense. she's had it for probably four years now. She does very good on it, but the school is wanting her to go to iPad only with a braille display. I'm kind of hesitant because I know I've heard negative things on here about doing that.
Any suggestions on what I can say to help my case when I present it to the school?
My daughter loves her braillesense. She's hesitant to go to the iPad because a lot of times it doesn't work for think she needs it too. And she is slow with it because she doesn't have a lot of experience with it.
But they still want her to transition to only ipad anyway.
Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone