[blindlaw] Fw:AccommodationandComplianceseries:TheADAAmendmentsAct of 2008

James Pepper b75205 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 22:38:08 UTC 2009

They had a doucmentary on a kid who used echo location really well but the
problem was that when confronted with a lot of traffic noise, that ability
disappeared.  Also he was unable to determine areas where there were sudden
drop offs.  For instance cliffs.  The key was to use a cane or a guide dog
and not rely on echo location for everything.  It is a tool, not the whole
solution.

James