[blindlaw] prelaw student seeking employment for a year

deepa goraya dgoraya at ucla.edu
Sat Mar 7 17:09:32 UTC 2009

Hello All,

    This is Deepa Goraya from California. I am writing to see if anyone knows of a law firm that is looking to employ any blind prelaw students temporarily to give them experience of what it is like working in the legal field. Although I have had two legal unpaid internships while in college, I would like to get an even broader range of experience as a paralegal or something similar to that, as well as some financial compensation. I applied to law schools in the fall but I had a rather low LSAT score so it is looking like I will have to retake the LSAT and reapply. For now, I am looking for a job as a paralegal or something similar at a law firm either in D.C. or back in California. I graduated from UCLA in June with a B.A. in English, and double minor in African American Studies and Classical Civilization. I am currently interning on Capitol Hill for Senator Christopher Dodd, but that will be over in May. I will need employment for the 2009/2010 year. If anyone knows of firms I can apply to, please let me know. I can also provide my resume off list. Please email me at dgoraya at ucla.edu or call me on my cell: (909) 964-3699 with any information. Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Deepa Goraya