[blindlaw] Accessibility of Bills

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Aug 2 01:27:13 UTC 2010

ADA probably requires that bills be in accesible form if this is "readily
achievable". What that means is up for debate. However, I wonder if the guy
is as helpless as he claims as he could have picked up the phone and
ascertained his bill status (my utility company offers this service to
anyone).

Sometimes I think we tend to feel that we can ditch the necessity of
exercising a bit of inteligence when it comes to dealing with the world and
expect stuff to be handed to us on a platter because we are blind and can't
handle the "normal" way of doing things.

Mike