[blindlaw] Discriminating Signs

AZNOR99 at aol.com AZNOR99 at aol.com
Mon Sep 12 02:11:54 UTC 2011

Not true.  There are often signs that notify residents that a deaf or
"handicapped" individual is in the neighborhood.  Some villages erect them
believing they are akin to the "children at play" signs that are often posted
near schools and parks.  I suggest you contact the Village, as you  said, and
ask why it's there first.  Then if you learn that it was put up  for you
and not someone else (just because a blind person doesn't live on  your block
doesn't mean one doesn't visit sometimes that you aren't aware of -  you
said you moved there recently?), ask them to remove it.

Also, consider contacting Shawn - she can help you craft any language you
might need for a letter or demand that it be removed.

In a message dated 9/11/2011 9:57:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,