[blindlaw] Hypocritical

Elizabeth Rene emrene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 1 03:43:27 UTC 2012

I was deeply saddened and disappointed this evening to read a comment
responding to questions about notarizing documents, where the writer
suggested that anyone here challenging blind notaries was hypocritical.

I think this kind of personal attack is inappropriate on any list, and
doubly so on this one.

This is the one place where lawyers with any doubt about how to perform any
legal task as a blind person, or any ethical scruple about whether they
should do so, can count on concrete and tested advice on how to surmount
their barriers.

How likely are they to share their concerns if shamed or vilified for ideas
that don't square with the party line?

In my view, the best way to show that blind people can do whatever they
choose is to demonstrate how it's already been successfully done, and leave
the invective to the politicians.

Elizabeth