[blindlaw] LSAT Question

Tai Blas taiablas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 19:31:26 UTC 2012

Jordan:

I would advise you to register for the test and apply for
accommodations as soon as possible. This process took me several
months because LSAC denied my request to use a laptop on the logic
games portion of the test. I had no trouble getting a Braille test
booklet and was granted the ability to use a Perkins Brailler. The
LSAC also allowed me to use a laptop on the essay portion of the exam.
However, I wanted to use Microsoft Excel on the logic games portion. I
developed my own coding system and built a matrix in Microsoft Excel
for each game. I would then fill in each cell with the conditions or
whatever known information I had about that position in the game. This
helped me immensely and I improved my score over the first time I took
the test. When I took it for the first time, I had prepared with
Kaplan and did not find their methods to be of much help to me. I was
trying to use small objects to represent variables in the games and
also brought a homemade raised line drawing kit consisting of a piece
of window screen, plain paper and a pencil which allowed me to draw
tactile diagrams.

Prior to taking the test for a second time, I hired a private tutor
through Powerscore. Personally, I found their methods very helpful and
my tutor was great at brainstorming ways to make the visual aspects of
the logic games section more accessible to me. If you would like more
information, contact me off list.

Tai