[blindlaw] Scanning with Apple

Andrew Webb awebb2168 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 02:10:37 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

First , I'd like to thank folks for the many helpful and substantive
IOS seems to be the popular choice, but I realize that there are other
solutions as well, including the Victor Reader, Book Sense, neb books, etc.

For those using Apple devices, I wonder if any of you could comment on
options for scanning documents for OCR?  It's my understanding that Kurzweil
and Open Book are not compatible with Apple.  I believe that Apple has its
own proprietary scanning program, but I have no idea if it is satisfactory.
I'm wondering if any of you use the Apple scanning program,  or do people
just resort back to Kurzweil, OpenBook, etc. for these purposes?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew