[blindlaw] law library accessibility

Daniel McBride dlmlaw at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 12 01:43:29 UTC 2013

Members:

I live and practice in Tarrant County, Texas.  The county has a law library
in the courthouse.  The library has four computer terminals for use by the
public.  Not one of the four is accessible for blind persons.

Tomorrow, I intend to call the chief county administrator to discuss making
at least one of those four computers accessible for blind persons, if not
all four.

As my own personal use of computers has been through JAWS, I wouldn't know
what to suggest otherwise.

I would appreciate your comments regarding two issues.  First, should I be
discussing any accommodation other than JAWS?  Secondly, your views on the
Americans With Disabilities Act, the concept of reasonable accommodations
and how these concepts apply to the public access law library and blind
persons.

Thank you

Daniel McBride

Fort Worth