[blindlaw] Blackbard Compatibility Issues with ZoomText

Anita Keith-Foust anitakeithfoust at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 15:07:43 UTC 2014

Dear Melanie:

As long as the print was the size of the syllabus, I was fine. But, as the
lesson went forward and the size of the print became smaller and more
textbook like is when I ran into a problem.

I can see 72 size font (as compared to 12 and 18 size font) which takes up
too much space. So, it is the same when I have to magnify text to
accommodate my vision. This slows reading down to almost a halt. In those
situations, I use the AppReader tool on ZoomText with Speech. I can then
speed up the reader to a fast pace.

It is an established fact that BlackBoard is incompatible with ZoomText.
Also, sometimes images appear as text, ZoomText cannot read images.

I am downloading Windows Eyes right now.

Thank you for the tip. I will let you know how it works out.

Anita Keith-Foust
919-430-1978