[blindlaw] ABA Accreditation Standards, ADA Compliance Standards, and ADA Violation Complaint Process

Shelley Richards shelleyrichards9 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:11:29 UTC 2015

Just curious Anita have you experienced discrimination in trying to
get into a law school, or do you know somebody who has experienced
discrimination in being admitted to law school.  I ask because I did
not experience this, and the handful of other blind people I know who
went to law school did not either.  We are all from the same part of
the country though, and applied only to schools in a similar
geographic area.  I am wondering after reading your post if perhaps
this is a problem, and perhaps if it is more a problem in certain
parts of the country over others.  I have not heard of discrimination
against blind students in applying to law schools at all, but I don't
personally know more than a few other blind people who have gone to
law school, and apart from those who were in my own school i do not
personally know anybody with other disabilities who has gone to law
school.  So I am now just curious if this is a problem.  I have
definitely heard of blind students having problems with accomidations
once they are already in law school just not discrimination during the
application process.