[blindlaw] LSAT Logic Games

Shelley Richards shelleyrichards9 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:41:51 UTC 2015

Hello,
I do not believe it's the case that a person who is totally blind since birth cannot do these games. I have been totally blind since birth and I actually did quite well on the logic games section. I'm not very much help to others in the situation though because I just happen to be one of those very fortunate people who can keep track of the stuff in my head.  I don't know how or why, but I've always been very good at stuff like this. I'm also very good at doing even particularly complicated math problems in my head. Most people I know who are totally blind and have done well on this section either did it with an XL spreadsheet or by using some sort of tactile system but not actual braille.  One person I know used a tactile drawing kit with the rubber mat and the tool for drawling raised  line pictures.  I do know somebody who used a Slayton stylus as well to make marks on paper that would give them enough help to figure it out. The majority of people I know who have taken this test used an Excel spreadsheet though.  I actually thought the logic games were the best part of the test, I found them fun because I enjoy that sort of thing. Although among the group of blind people I know who have taken this test it seems like those who already enjoyed it had a knack for the sort of thing found the section not too difficult and those who did not have a natural knack for doing this sort of thing could never find a way to make it easy for themselves. Although I will say all of those people still did alright and got into law school.  Most people I know practiced the logic games on a daily basis leading up to the test, and they tried various methods of how to approach the logic games before requesting their accommodations so they knew exactly what they felt was going to work best for them.  It's hard to give somebody step-by-step instructions on how best to do it because what works for one person is not necessarily going to work for another person, and perhaps you need to try something completely different but nobody else is done.  Just based on the conversations I've had with various people my recommendation would be to use an XL spreadsheet and less you are the type of person who really needs a visual tactile reference in which case the raised  line drawing kids combined with a slate  and stylus seem to be the best option.  My two friends who did the best on the LSAT and we're not particularly good at logic games used an XL spreadsheet, however they are both the type of person who learns best with auditory methods. They both been blind since birth or very young and don't remember being able to see so maybe that is why they learn best auditorily.   Just try every possible method you can think of, and every method that anybody can suggest to you until you figure out which way is going to work best. Good luck I hope you do well.

Sent from my iPhone