[blindlaw] Accessibility of eDiscovery Platforms ...

Elizabeth Rene rene0373 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 15:44:23 UTC 2016

Hi all,
Having read the last few posts with keen interest, I'm beginning to wonder whether it isn't time for the blind legal community and for other like groups  to insist to Freedom Scientific that it produce versions of JAWS that are compatible with the leading professional software programs.
Haven"t the days of one-size-fits-all passed? Isn't it time for blind lawyers to stop saying to employers, to opposing counsel, and to the court, "I'm sorry, but JAWS won't do that?"
With the prices charged for JAWS, and with Apple/VoiceOver's stiff competition, should we continue to spend hours and hours crafting work-arounds when we should be practicing law?
I'm growing impatient with hostagehood to the technology that was developed to serve us.
We are the consumers.

Elizabeth M René
Attorney at Law
WSBA #10710