[blindlaw] taking the bar exam

Roderick Thomas rthomas48 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 19:41:02 UTC 2018

Hey guys, I am a blind law school student in Orlando, Florida. I will be
graduating in May of 2019. I am considering taking one part of the bar
in July 2019, and the second half in February 2020. My plan is to break
the bar exam down to two major sections, and study hard to pass one half
of the test at a time. I would study and pass the Florida portion in
July 2019, and study and pass the Multi state Bar Examination section in
February 2020. I believe, that this would give me a better chance to
pass the bar, since I will not be required to know so much information
at one time. Once I  pass the Florida section, then I would only be
responsible for passing the Multi State Bar Examination section. I
think, this is a good way for me to approach the test because as a blind
law school student it takes me so much longer to do certain things,
compared to a non-blind law school student. What do you think? Has
anyone ever taken this approach before? Other than the fact that I would
need to pay for the bar twice, do you think this is a good idea?