[Blindmath] Spss 16 nightmare

Robin Williams robster3 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:33:49 UTC 2009

Vincent,
  Yes, R can do everything that SPSS can do (almost certainly) and probably
more if you use the various freely-distributed packages available. It is
accessible to a large degree, especially if you run the back-end terminal
(rterm.exe) found in the /bin directory.
  I don't know for sure, but there is almost certainly a plugin to enable
you to read SPSS files. Check out the r-project website. If I am wrong and
there isn't, just export the output to some common format and import it with
R.
  HTH

Robin Williams.
Mobile:
07525 809495
(Note: I have been giving an incorrect mobile number for the last several
months, please update your contact details).
Personal email and MSN:
robster3 at hotmail.com
University email (please use this address):
rmw205 at exeter.ac.uk