[Blindmath] Mathematical document accessibility

Blind Collegian collegeandcareer at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 13 22:30:51 UTC 2009

When I registered for math class, I contacted various teachers to see if
LaTeX is part of their resource base. Only one instructor said he uses it
(and he is an engineering guy with Ph.D). So, I thought LaTeX must be new to
the academic world. I could have registered with the teacher who uses LaTeX,
but it was too late. I guess each school has its own policy regarding what
instructors must know as a prerequisite to hold their position as math
professors.