[Blindmath] Mathematical document accessibility

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 17:34:45 UTC 2009

MathML may be hard from the coding aspect, but it is easier to read at least for a beginner.
Reading LaTeX using a simple editor like NotePad causes the focus to shift from understanding Mathematics to understanding the structure of an expression.
That is why you like Emacs, because it reads LaTeX in a completely different way. I can't say this from my personal experience as I'm a windows user, but because I have gone through T. V. Raman's (the creater of Emacspeak) thesis.

I wish I was that I was a Linux user only to use Emacspeak.
But, while I remain a windows user, I respect what MathML has done, not only for me, but for many other blind users who have yet to learn Mathematics.

Regards