[Blindmath] accessible math websites

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Mar 16 21:30:43 UTC 2009

I haven't ever used troff and having a quick look I feel the greater
readability of the LaTeX command names makes LaTeX more pleasant to work
with. It probably was that the person who I met who used troff probably
learnt it before LaTeX really became popular and may never have moved on
to learning LaTeX.

The popularity of LaTeX compared with troff is a big reason to go with
LaTeX, how many websites use LaTeX in the alt tags for equations and how
many use troff?

My reason for raising troff was to say LaTeX is not the only thing, and
to add to that now, LaTeX may be some day replaced by another system
like troff has been replaced by LaTeX for most users.

Michael Whapples