[Blindmath] Physics Lab Report

Matthew matdawg17 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 01:36:07 UTC 2009

Ok! I am still working desperately to understand everything for
my lab report.  I am starting to understand a lot of the LaTeX
code, but I am a little confused with regard to actually creating
my document.  I now have mathtype, so do I need to create a true
LaTeX document to get my equations in it or do I put them
straight into word somehow? Also, for future reference, how do I
use a TeX system like proText to create disdvi files, and then
put them in dispdf.
	Also, quickly, is the best way to create diagrams of a lab
equipment setup to have a sighted person sketch them and scan
them into my report, or what method is better? Thanks for any
help you can give me!!

Matt

those interested in mathematics <blindmath at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 08:56:31 -0700
>Subject: Re: [Blindmath] Physics Lab Report

>You can buy MathType from Design Science, http://www.dessci.com,
but if
>you are a university student, your campus may have a site
license, so
>check with your IT department first.

>I believe that the latest MathType works with all versions of
Word on 32
>bit operating systems, but you should not trust my memory.  The
Design
>Science web site will tell you for sure what your system
requirements are.

>J Gardner

>On 10/6/2009 7:10 AM, Munawar Bijani wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Does this stuff work only for Word 2007? I am running 2000.
>> Munawar A.  Bijani
>> "Knowledge is of two types: absorbed and heard.  The heard
knowledge is
>> only useful if it is absorbed." - Imam Ali Ibn Abu Talib, Nahj
Al-Balagha
<Neils at dessci.com

what
>>> isn't.

>>> Neil Soiffer
>>> Senior Scientist
>>> Design Science, Inc.
>>> www.dessci.com
>>> ~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, WebEQ,
Equation

<john.gardner at orst.edu
>>> wrote:

> [...]
Word.