[Blindmath] Help with Math player

Neil Soiffer NeilS at dessci.com
Tue Dec 28 17:24:41 UTC 2010

The most common reason we have seen for people not being able to use
MathPlayer is that they don't notice IE's ActiveX warning.  It's a small
"information bar" at the top of the content window (below the various
buttons) that appears with a beep.  What what I've heard, IE is not very
good with screen readers about making this warning obvious.  You need to say
it is ok to run the blocked content.

Also, if you are using local content (eg, files you downloaded to your
computer), you need to make the change described here:
http://www.dessci.com/en/support/mathplayer/tsn/tsn111.htm

Again, this is security issue that IE imposes on plug-ins like MathPlayer.

MathPlayer will run on a 64-bit OS, but only with 32-bit IE.  32 bit IE is
the default because only a few vendors have a 64-bit version of their
plug-in; if Microsoft made the 64-bit the default, very little would work
with IE and users would complain.

I hope this fixes your problem,

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~