[Blindmath] what software can edit math equations?

Birkir Rúnar Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 22:56:54 UTC 2010

Have you guys looked into the Lambda editor?
http://www.veia.it/en
It started as a European research project on math accessibility for
the blind but turned into a for profit business (ok, not much profit I
think, but at least it is a business).
There is a 30-day testing period but the software costs in the area of
$150 (130 Euros).
It works on math ml, has braille and speech support and seemed pretty
good from the demonstration I saw, but I have not had a chance to test
it extensively.
I think it'd be a worthy project for someone in the field to take a
good look and report back on how it works.
Like I said, I cna't guarantee it'll do what you needd, but I think
it's very much worth looking into, and the trial period is free.
It works best with Jaws and has dedicated Jaws scripts.
hth
-Birkir