[Blindmath] An Example of How MathML Pronunciation Could be Wrong

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Sun Apr 17 17:58:51 UTC 2011

Hello,
The page you linked to for the mathml has an associated LaTeX code in
the source, the LaTeX there agrees with the one you gave except for the
"\,".

Now to what you said is inconsistent (I am using Linux at the moment so
cannot check it with mathplayer at the moment) but the only
inconsistency seemed to be the lack of cap Pr at the beginning of the
equation (did you miss that or is that the issue, its in the actual
mathml source). As for the vertical bar character in the LaTeX source,
in the mathml this is the unicode character hex value 2223 which a quick
google search seemed to suggest is named divides (not the same as
"divided by").

Does this clear things up or have I missed something?

Michael Whapples