[Blindmath] Computer-supported math access

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Feb 21 21:02:22 UTC 2011

Thanks for all those links. Yes I was aware of some of the research,
however sadly much of it doesn't seem to have made it into a nice
intergrated access solution. Another thing that sometimes gets me
irratated about this is that a sighted person buys there computer and is
able to read maths on the web (eg. firefox includes mathml support, or
mathplayer adds the support to IE), whereas I have to obtain an
additional piece of software to access the computer (many of which are
very expensive, costing more than some computers) and yet that software
doesn't allow me to read maths. Why haven't they picked up on any of
this research which has already been done?

Michael Whapples