[Blindmath] CSUN Talk by Well-known Math Accessibility Researcher

Susan Jolly easjolly at ix.netcom.com
Tue Feb 22 18:36:36 UTC 2011

Even though I won't be attending CSUN, I just looked through the schedule.
There are lots of interesting talks.  I ran across one you might not notice
and have copied the info below my signature.  This talk is by Prof. Arthur
Karshmer, who has for well over 10 years carried out a great of research on
the accessibility of math.  His research includes the MAVIS (Mathematics
Accessible to Visually Impaired Students) project.  He'd be a good person to
ask about the problems of moving academic research to practical use.

SusanJ

Copied info starts here:

If you would like to reserve a seat for this session - Please log-in (39
seats available)

K12-2028
Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 1:50 - 2:50 PM PST
Intermediate
Windsor B

Solving Arithmetic Problems by the Blind: Does Dimensionality Really Make a
Difference?

Besting the value of two-dimensional representations of math to the blind is
studied.
Arthur Karshmer, PhD
University of San Francisco