[Blindmath] accessible math packages

Alysha anjeans at att.net
Tue Mar 29 23:52:53 UTC 2011

Hi Joe,
I work with MATLAB a lot with JAWS and have found it to be very easy to use.
I did not find the installer to be accessible, but after you get it
installed, you can tweak a few settings that allow it to work with screen
readers. After that, you can do pretty much everything by typing text and
reviewing results in the command window or creating m-files in the MATLAB
editor. There's a set of instructions on setting MATLAB up to work with
screen readers at
http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_env/bqwp009-1.html. It may or
may not work with Window Eyes, but it's worth a try.

Alysha