[Blindmath] Accessible display format for matrices

Birkir R. Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 20:45:37 UTC 2011

My worry is that I am not sure that screen readers all necessarily
announce black cells, they may simply skipover them to the next
non-blank cell. If this isn't the case for any screen reader, there is
no worry. If there is, this is a huge problem, when you need to be
absolutely sure which cells in a matrix are blank.
Also I thought that entering, say a "--" would look visually appealing
enough, thogh I don't know this.
That is the source of my point. If I am working with a 4 by 4 matrix
with blanks in it, I want to be sure that it is a 4 by 4 set of cells
and I can identify the contents of each, even if it is blank.