[Blindmath] Accessible display format for matrices

Birkir R. Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 02:04:34 UTC 2011

Hi Sina

NO, we totally agree on the classes being useful for visual appeal. My
question was only regarding whether CSS styling was useful for screen
reader users particularly, that was how I understood the question.
I think we can agree that assigning a particular visual look to html
elements won't do anything for the screen reading experience iself.
I am all for websites that serve the whole community, which include
being visually appealing.
I am not saying testing a table is a big deal *grin* only that I don't
have time to do it for a few days yet, as I am involved in some very
intense work elsewhere till end of Friday, and this would have to be
tested with Jaws, NVDA, Window Eyes, Supernova and perhaps Voiceover,
to confirm that table navigation in all screen readers handles tables
with empty cells predictably.