[Blindmath] Question

John Gardner john.gardner at orst.edu
Sat Oct 8 17:24:19 UTC 2011

There is no way to answer this question because of the graphics.  If it were
words, the conversion is not too hard to calculate.  Standard braille paper
permits more or less 40 characters by 25 lines = 1000 characters.  An 8.5x11
page with 1 inch margins and 12 point font permits approximately 80
characters per line by 60 lines = 4800 characters.  One can easily
rreformat, use smaller font, and get 6000 characters per page.  So roughly
speaking one print page equals 5 or 6 braille pages.

So you should request at least ten braille pages for equivalency to one
print page back and front.

Hope that helps.