[Blindmath] A Lot of SVG?

Birkir R. Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 17:02:30 UTC 2011

Hi

I think the reason this topic is "hot" has partly to do with the
product being developed rapidly, although unfortunately it also has a
lot to do with the fact that not much is happening in math
accessibility at the moment, as far as I know.
I haven't used the app much, though I intend to, but I am very
impressed that one guy has decided to take it upon himself to
revolutionize access to both interpretation and creation of graphs
(with no slide to people like John and others, who have done a
fantastic job, and are doing a fantastic job by both giving advice and
integrating this work into their hardware solutions). Input from the
list is quickly taken into development and we see tangible progress
almost every day.

I keep hoping for some big announcement of progress on other fronts,
such as better math support by a screen reader, or the release of the
long anticipated MathPlayer 3, but nothing has happened in that area
for quite some time.

Apart from these two projects, I am not sure what is on the horizon
for math and math accessibility, nothing that I know of, but I'm
always happy to be surprised.

If you group your posts by topic/conversation thread, you shouldn't
get more than about one or two posts a day from this list. At least it
works for me.
If not, and you have Outlook, you can redirect all posts from that
list to its own folder, using Outlook rules (you can just shift-f10 on
the message and find the rule menu from there). It is very handy for
managing large email traffic. If you need any tips with how to do
that, feel free to email me off-list. :)
Cheers
-B