[Blindmath] Maths for Kids

Ruchi Patil ruchi_patil at samruddha.net
Mon Aug 27 19:50:21 UTC 2012

Dear all,

Dear Roopakshi and Pranav lal Sir,

Actually I had put in a mail a few months ago and had got a lot of responses
too. However, I need to be directed a little more. I am a mother of a 9 year
old blind child, who works on his computer. He is computer literate and am
working on teaching him Braille now. However, I am more keen on having tools
for maths on computer for him. I have seen a lot of threads being discussed
regarding mathtype, latex, mathml and am a little lost on those accounts.
Also, those seem more applicable for older kids and adults, who study
calculus. Have not seen them in detail. But I have used marvel soft to teach
him his preschool maths and hentermath vp arithmetic to teach him upto his
present grade 3 maths. I have loved both of these teaching tools and drills
for kids and my son has enjoyed working on them as well. Now, I am at a loss
for math further down, I do not know of any such tools. I am willing to get
a few good tools designed and would love to hear from you all, as to what
would be the most wanted requirements in such a software for a 9 year old
kid?

Again for Geometry, I was wondering if we have a coreldraw kind of a tool
that helps us draw basic geometry till grade 3 independently, it should be a
big help. I am saying of something on coreldraw program lines. Do you think
such a tool will be useful.

Waiting to hear from you all.

Warm regards,

Ruchi