[Blindmath] A 3d to 2d description resource?

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Wed Feb 8 19:46:53 UTC 2012

Hello,
As well as what Richard describes for why it may not appear as a rectangle,
probably the most likely cause, there may be additional things giving a
slightly different image. If you are using a glass, then the surface is
highly reflective and if light is coming from one direction or even from
multiple directions you may find a few particularly bright spots where the
light source is reflected but these reflections may not be the whole shape
of the glass. Another thing which may give extra information might be any
pattern on the glass, it can affect the reflections you get or if light
passes through the glass then you may also get brighter and dimmer parts of
the glass. To describe how this appears visually is quite hard to explain,
although the physics of it (refraction and reflection) are fairly simple.

Michael Whapples