[Blindmath] To all you blind physics experts

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Fri Feb 10 11:17:29 UTC 2012

I probably would be able to help as I have done a fair amount of physics in
my time. However trying to think of strategies I used which may be useful,
they seem to be escaping me at the moment (I am not sure if there was
anything particularly different for optics and electromagnetism). The only
thing I will say is that as memory goes optics is simpler to show with
tactile diagrams as much of it can be dealt with with a simple 2 dimensional
view. Electromagnetism is certainly more 3 dimensional, thinking of the
examples you give like the right hand rule and how an electric motor works
do require three dimensions.

I guess what I am offering is that if you have specific areas where you need
help, may be I could try and help explain the concept. If you felt actually
talking would help it might be possible to talk on skype, however please
bear in mind I am in the UK so there is a time difference and so your
evenings could be quite late for me.

Sorry I haven't been able to give any general strategies you could use.

Michael Whapples